Here's some simple advice for Dating with Herpes and having loving relationships even with the emotional challenge of Genital Herpes Dating.
The number one thing is that your dating life is not over.
Your dating life will just have to change. And change can be a good thing.
Many people in the Herpes community say that getting Herpes was one of the best things that happened to them as they had to grow up a little, and get real honest with themselves and with their partners.
The big thing is this: you can still have a great dating life with Herpes, you'll just have to make a few simple changes.
1. Realize you're not alone! There's millions of people with Herpes whether they realize it or not:
So what this means is that you can find people to talk to and learn more about this virus. There are many Herpes Support Groups that will help you learn better how to date with Herpes.
2. You need to have "The Talk" with your Partner. This is the BIG CHANGE you must make: you must get honest with your partner. This is one of the hardest parts of dating with herpes.
Many of us got Herpes because a partner was not honest with us, the least we can do is to start doing the right thing and tell our partners.
You don't want to be in the situation where you are telling your partner after you have had sex together weeks or months into a relationship.
There are some basic guidelines with telling someone you have herpes. This is also known, quite simply, as "The Talk".
I wrote a series of tips on "Telling Someone you have Herpes".
If you don't want to have "The Talk", then consider using a Herpes Dating Site where you can meet other singles that are already Herpes positive.
3. Get Your partner tested. Twenty percent (20%) of the adult population has genital herpes, and up to 80% have oral herpes (HSV-1).
So there's a good chance that your dating partner already has herpes. Especially if you have recently been diagnosed. I mean you had to get it from someone!
Getting a Blood test for Herpes for your partner is easy and affordable.
4. You Can Reduce Risk of Transmission. Once you have found a dating partner, you should take some basic precautions sexually.
Here's some things you can do to prevent transmission:
In fact, if you follow these simple suggestions, there is less than a 5% chance of transmitting Herpes to your partner. You can still enjoy Dating with Herpes!
5. Overcome the "Shame" Factor of Dating with Herpes. Let's face it, it is emotionally very challenging to get a Herpes diagnosis. It's easy to want to give up on dating.
But the sooner you can learn about this little virus, take the necessary health steps, the sooner you can start dating.
It takes a bit of courage, to start dating again but millions do it. The sooner you get out there and start dating again, the easier you will make it upon yourself.
My book The Herpes Survival Guide has some useful tips on how to start dating again after Herpes.
6. Do Everything You Can to Grow As a Person and Be Happy. Remember your life is not over when you begin dating with herpes. It's just a change.
So keep growing as a person, do things to keep you happy, be social, be honest, and love yourself. That way you will be able to attract a beautiful partner or be a loving, wonderful partner.
7. I am currently or about to date someone with Herpes. Your partner has shown a lot of courage to have opened up about this condition to you. We commend you for considering their feelings. At this time, you might be confused and need more time to think. Should you continue dating someone with herpes?
Indeed, there are a lot of factors to consider before dating someone with Herpes. Read all you can about the virus and know the risks involve so you can make an informed decision.
One of the easiest things you can do after a Herpes diagnosis is begin using a Herpes Dating Site to find romantic partners.
Why? Well if you date someone that already has the Herpes virus, especially genital herpes, then it makes it very convenient.
You can't get the same virus twice, so if you're positive and your partner is positive, well then you can have some very worry-free sex! How fun!
There are many Herpes Dating Sites out there. They are easy to use and you'll find many potential dating partners.
The one I like to use is positivesingles.com. You can find me on that site if you sign up. It's really a great way to meet people.