Valtrex for herpes (valacyclovir) is a powerful drug that can be used to treat Genital Herpes and Cold Sores; it has been scientifically proven to work.
That's the real good news for you.
In fact, this powerful medication has been scientifically proven to:
GlaxoSmithKline released this herpes medication under the BRAND NAME of Valtrex. The generic name of the drug is valacyclovir. The good thing is you can buy the generic version at a MUCH MUCH LOWER COST.
That is a big question that is up to you. There's two choices here.
1. Use Herpes Medications. You can use a Herpes medication such as Valtrex, Acyclovir, or Famvir to treat your genital herpes or cold sores.
The reason? Well in study after scientific study, they work for suppressing the virus, treating outbreaks, and preventing some shedding (important if you have a non-positive partner).
Your doctor can prescribe Valtrex for Herpes. It is easy to take. And that way you can go on living out your life not worrying so much about this virus.
2. Use a Holistic Herpes Remedy. The other option is to use a holistic herpes remedy such as lysine, olive leaf extract, red marine algae, or a host of other things that are more natural.
This is a good option if you are worried about side effects of medication. Or if the medication does not seem to work for you very well.
Valtrex is the strongest herpes medication. It is proven to work in clinical trials AND endorsed by Doctors.
It works by releasing the active ingredient (acyclovir) directly into the blood stream.
It is like getting an IV of acyclovir. It has a 55% absorption rate.
Whereas acyclovir (Zorivax) only has a 10-20% absorption rate.
So, the good news is, you only have to take one 500mg capsule of Valtrex for herpes a day to suppress or treat the virus.
You have to keep a good eye on your body like if you're taking any medication.
Valtrex is not recommended if you:
First thing you'll have to do is to get a prescription from a medical doctor. If you've been reading this website, you know that getting tested for herpes and talking to a good doctor about it, will make you feel much much better.
So here's your options:
1. Go to your local pharmacy. Your HMO or pharmacy should carry it. Same with Wal-Greens, Rite-Aid, etc.
The problem is that it is VERY EXPENSIVE. It can cost up to $400 a month.
2. Buy it at an Online Pharmacy. Many people buy their drugs from an online pharmacy nowadays. You can save hundreds of dollars a month.
3. Buy the generic Valtrex. This is much cheaper. A great alternative if you need to save a little money. Certainly consider trying this option to see if the generic version of Valtrex works well. Here is a link to an online pharmacy, www.4rx.com, that has very cheap Valtrex.
Back to Top of Valtrex for Herpes page