Natural Treatment for Herpes:
The Practical Approach
With the increasing price of medications, natural treatment for herpes is gaining more attention.
You know about it through the media: you see it advertised on TV, read about it in newspapers, even have come across some of it online.
What you also do not see from advertisements are the side effects of most medications.
If you have tried some of the common drugs for genital herpes treatment, you might have experienced some unwanted effects.
That’s a bummer, I know.
As an option, natural treatments for herpes are available for those who are interested to try them.
Advantages of Herpes Natural Treatment
• Cheaper compared to commercial drugs
• They can grow right in your backyard
• Fewer to no side effects
• Fast and easy to prepare
What are the Natural Treatments for Herpes?
- Prunella vulgaris. Your grandmother probably used this one before. Also known as heal-all, this medicinal plant is used as antiviral, antibacterial, antiseptic, diuretic, antidiarrheal and is used to prevent herpes.
- Tea tree oil. This yellow-colored oil is proven to help in preventing herpes outbreaks. It is topically applied to the sites affected. However, you should not drink or mix it with food because it is known to be toxic.
- Aloe vera. The gel inside an Aloe vera is very helpful in soothing the skin from herpes sores. It also promotes healing. If you don’t have an aloe vera plant, you can buy pre-packed Aloe vera gel.
- L-lysine. Lysine is an amino acid that is known to help treat herpes. You can get it by eating foods rich in protein. Although not scientifically proven, many sufferers of herpes swear by its effectiveness. You can try it and if it works for you, great! If it doesn't, there are more ways for herpes natural treatment.
- A healthy immune system. Boost your body’s defenses to help treat herpes. Avoid getting too stressed out. Why don’t you try yoga? It should help you feel more relaxed. Also, eating the right kinds of food can give you enough nutrients for daily use.
Natural is Not for Everyone
Just because it says natural does not mean anyone is free to use natural treatments. In some cases, using natural treatment for herpes is not advisable because:
- The person might be taking medications that could cause adverse reactions when combined with the natural treatment.
- You might be allergic to the so-called natural treatment.
- You might be using the wrong herbal medicine. You could actually worsen your condition if it happens.
Things to Remember when Using
Natural Treatment for Herpes
- Always consult your physician before trying out any medicinal plants. They know how much and how often you can use it. Also, they know if it will only make your condition worse.
- Always complement it with activities that can help you develop a healthier and stronger body. Exercise, proper rest and adequate nutrition are some of the things you should also focus on.
- The effect may vary. Due to the lack of scientific studies, the effects of herbal plant may be different from each individual. If it does not work for you, move on to another herpes natural treatment.
Back to Top of Natural Treatment for Herpes page
Back to Herpes Treatments page
Back to Happy with Herpes home page