Why Look for Home Treatment for Herpes?
Many people are turning to home treatment for herpes because of the simplicity as well as the privacy.
Having herpes is tantamount to shame for most people so it is understood that you would prefer to treat the outbreak in the comfort of your own home.
Besides, buying medications that may cause side effects does not sound very practical at all, given only the partial chance of eliminating the symptoms and recurrence. That doesn't sound very promising now, does it?
Because of the embarrassment, many people prefer not to share their problems even to a physician.
If you are one of them, you should know that it’s perfectly normal; however, you should gather your courage to share it with someone, especially a professional.
As initial management, you can try the following treatments you can easily do at home...
Home-Made Herpes Treatment
- IceIf you have a refrigerator at home, then you most probably have ice. Its coldness helps herpes patients in 2 ways: it numbs the area where it is applied causing a more soothing feeling; and it lowers down the temperature of the sore slowing down the activities of the herpes virus. Don’t forget to wrap it in a piece of cloth or towel before applying.
- Baking sodaBaking soda is common in many homes because it is used for different things. It is good for relieving itching as well as helping to dry out the sores. Simply wet a cotton ball, dip it on baking soda and apply to the affected area. Do not re-dip to avoid contaminating the unused baking soda.
- MilkMilk is another great home treatment for herpes which is available in grocery stores and anyone can get a carton or gallon at a cheap price. Use a cotton ball dipped in milk to apply to the sores. Milk helps promote healing of the skin lesions as well as relieves pain.
Other Alternatives to Home Treatment for Herpes
- Dynamiclear. Many users have claimed long-lasting relief from using Dynamiclear. Its active ingredients are sulfur and herbal components. As a genital herpes treatment, it does not cause side effects. I use this on my cold sores when I have an important meeting, job interview, or date coming up. It relieves the itchy symptoms fast and reduces outbreaks within days. To help protect your privacy, you can buy one online and have it delivered to your home. It is an effective home treatment for herpes.
- Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice Root Extract (DGL). DGL comes in chewable tablet form as treatment for herpes. Make a paste out of it by chewing and apply on your mouth sores. You can use this home treatment for herpes 4 or 5 times a day.
More Tips on Genital Herpes Treatment
- Wear loose pants and underwear. This prevents heat and moisture from building up in the affected area thus promoting healing. I’m sure you would also prefer your skin to be able to “breathe”, right?
- Avoid using bath tubs. I know the feeling of soaking in the tub is different from just having a regular bath but it does not help in preventing the spread of the virus.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Besides helping the skin to heal, it also dilutes the urine to lessen the pain when voiding.
Back to Top of Home Treatment for Herpes page
Back to Herpes Treatments page
Back to Happy with Herpes home page